All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Statue of Liberty come to Life


Statue of Liberty come to Life, originally uploaded by PaulaK.

Our next stop was New York City, another place I'd never been. It had been extremely hot and humid in Niagara Falls and Albany, and NYC was the same. We spent an entire day walking around the city with temps in the 90s and humid. Actually, some of the time we spent on a tour bus. We were able to haggle ourselves a great deal on ticket prices for all of us plus my cousin, who lives in NYC. The bus was a lifesaver--you could get on and off as many times as you wanted, the view was great from the top (it was a double decker) and the lower level was air conditioned, the tour guides' spiel was really interesting, and at any given stop, we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. There are dozens of them.

Here we are with one of the many creative street performers we saw, in the park outside the boarding area for the Staten Island ferry.

Here is Paula holding K., I., T., J., the living statue, D. holding A., and L.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive