All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Baking and Blogging

Those were the 2 things I really wanted to do today. As you can see, I did squeeze in a little blogging. As for baking, I made a double recipe of Refrigerator Bran Muffins, which are not only tasty, but the batter keeps for 3-4 weeks in the frig, so you can make a lot of batter and bake it whenever you want fresh warm muffins.

Fall (my favorite season!) really fires me up to cook, and cooking is my 2nd favorite hobby, after eating, of course!

Refrigerator Bran Muffins

2 C Bran cereal (I used Raisin Bran), soaked in 2 C boiling water (let this cool before using)

1 C butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
1 quart buttermilk
5 C flour (I used a variety of flour and other grains: wheat germ, oat bran, ground flaxseed)
1 Tbsp. and 2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 C dry bran cereal

Cream the butter, eggs and sugar together
Add the buttermilk and soaked cereal and combine
Blend dry ingredients together
Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing well
Fold in dry cereal, mixing well

Bake at 400F for 20 minutes

This makes about 3 dozen muffins. Even when I doubled the above recipe, it was only 1.5 boxes of cereal, which I bought on a buy one, get one free sale, so don't let the quantity of cereal stop you from making these. Those small boxes hold a lot of cereal.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive