All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Out of Practice

Out of practice at handling 2 little ones with no big kids home to run interference. Usually A. gets tired before T. leaves for kindergarten, but on Monday she didn't nap till later. T. usually plays with K. while I put her down for her nap. I was trying to figure out how to entertain K. while I was out of the room. A. is difficult to put down, and she would never settle down to nurse or get sleepy while he was in the room. So I plopped him in front of the TV watching Teletubbies (a show I despise, but hey--you do what you gotta do) and went downstairs with A. I was just putting her in bed about 10 minutes later when K. came down yelling "Mo-om!" He had changed the channel on himself. I didn't think much about it until later that evening when D. told me that he'd called earlier, and K. answered the phone! He said K. babbled away to him, told him his name, and even said "Bye!" Apparently he even hung up the phone correctly because I was totally unaware of this entire incident.

Then I confessed to Daryl that after putting A. down for a nap, while balancing the checkbook, I tried to teach K. to watch TV. A desperate move, but I really needed to get some things done. Dora was on and everytime she asked the audience to interact with her, I did. K. thought this was SO funny, and soon he was doing it too.

Daryl said, "So let me get this straight--these are the facts:"

You left the 2 year old unattended while putting the baby down for a nap.

He answered the phone to a stranger (not really, but K. didn't know who it was) and you didn't even know it.

You attempted to teach the toddler to watch TV.


Yup, it was one of those days!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive