All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Friday, October 28, 2005

My Week

Sunday: Dh gone to DC Sunday night onto Monday.
Tuesday: D. finds a big pile of dog barf under his dirty clothes in his room (which he and L. cleaned up).
Wednesday: A piece of the vacuum is discovered missing and it won't work without it. That afternoon I. came home early with a stomachache, threw up when she got out of the car (after telling me and the school that she didn't feel like she needed to throw up).
Thursday: Dh leaves very early for Pittsburgh, will be home Friday. I. stayed home from school since she'd thrown up the night before. I spent the day folding all the laundry (it was about waist deep) in an attempt to find the vacuum piece, since the vacuum is normally stored in the laundry room. The laundry room is now empty and the piece was NOT in there! While folding all that laundry, I noticed a piece of clothing wedged in the corner of the couch. When I pulled it out, it was covered with what looked like vomit, and I peered into the crevice of the couch and there was some in there. Ewww! I didn't have time to deal with it right then. Then J. arrived home from school and said her stomach hurt, followed by diarrhea and fever. When I came home from one of my many trips to and from kid activities, I saw something on the floor by the couch, and it looked like a chunk of vomit. Turns out it was a piece of KFC chicken from last week that I'd thrown out of the frig into the trash the night before. The child latch on the garbage cabinet broke the day before, so now both A. and Spot are getting in the garbage. Spot apparently HID his chicken in the couch! It wasn't vomit, it was chicken. I removed the couch cover and washed it. L. brought home a note from I.'s teacher telling us that 17 of 25 students were absent that day (including her) due to the stomach flu and they called the health department. They disinfected all surfaces in the classroom, but apparently it is very contagious. During the night last night I was awakened by a high pitched mechanical whine, wasn't sure if it was the water softener or the furnace blower, but it was loud. After a few minutes it got quieter and faded away, but I had a hard time falling back asleep. I almost called dh so he could hear the noise and tell me what he thought. I was not about to go into that creepy "Michigan" basement at 4am by myself. Last time there was a loud noise, though, it was the a/c burning up when the bat was in there.

We invited about 60 people to a Halloween party tomorrow night at our house, and I am supposed to be getting ready today, but J. is home sick and my sitter who normally comes on Friday, doesn't feel well either.

TGIF!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive