All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Monday, October 31, 2005

Stricken

I know you all were waiting with baited breath to hear what happened next in our illness saga. I awoke this morning feeling extremely tired and kind of strange, and soon had full-blown malaise: nausea, extreme bodyaches, killer headache. I didn't actually barf, although I might have felt better if I had. As for that macho older son, he returned from his soccer game feeling much worse, having won the game but succumbed to the illness. And 10 year L., who had spent yesterday being righteous, complaining how inconvenient it was to have sick family members, and that the house was contaminated and he had nowhere to sit that wasn't contaminated, was (perhaps rightfully) stricken down this morning also. I felt genuinely bad for him that he had to miss his school Halloween party as well as trick or treating. D. had to work late, and I was too sick to take them trick or treating, but only J. and I. were really well enough to go, so they went with some of J's friends.

2 comments:

Jody said...

oh, I am so sorry you all caught the bug.

I guess on the positive side, you got it over with! With our luck, we will avoid it now, but everyone will be barfing at Christmas!

Hope you are all feeling better today.

p.s. I was bummed about my chart this month. ah well, always nexxt month, right?

Lori said...

Wow! You all have really gone through it as of late. Hope you are all well by now and no new bugs will catch ya. I know our time is coming soon. We never get through the winter months without at least one round of the flu throughout the entire family. God bless.

Lori

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive