All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dining room looking toward buffet and family room


DSCN0681, originally uploaded by PaulaK.

Formerly our house consisted of a part built in 1862 and an addition built on in the 1970s. During this renovation, we gave the 1862 house a facelift, gutted and mostly redid the 1970s part, and added another addition. From this vantage point in the dining area, you can see the slate walkway between the dining area and family room. This is the 1970s portion of the house and it previously ended at the slate. There was a window there, looking out at our nonfunctional pool. This room had the large beams you see going across, but they were embedded in a drywall ceiling, so the room was very dark. Above this room was an unfinished attic. We removed the ceiling, leaving the beams, and added a wood ceiling with skylights. Now the room is light and bright!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive