All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Confirmation

On Sept. 16, my oldest child D. was Confirmed in the Catholic Church. It was my proudest moment as a mother thus far. He participated in a lengthy and demanding preparation program. My father was his sponsor, and I know it made him very proud as well. Seeing D. standing there in his shirt and tie, answering the bishop loudly and shaking his hand firmly, made my heart feel like it was bursting with joy.

The ceremony was very nice. The bishop, who is in his mid-70s, gave a great homily, encouraging the youth to go out and make a difference in the world, and to show God's love to those in need. He is charismatic man and a great speaker, who really had a message to deliver.

Unfortunately, the ceremony was at 7pm on a Saturday night, so we got a babysitter for our younger children who would be unable to sit through a 90+ minute ceremony, especially at night. L. was ill, so he stayed home too. All 3 grandparents attended (one grandfather has passed away). We had a meal together before the ceremony and dessert at home afterwards to celebrate. I made a homemade blueberry pie and key lime pie, D's favorite. Next time, however, I will use regular limes. Key limes are miniature, and grating and squeezing about 30 of them took forever! (And I've made it before with regular limes and it was just as tasty!)

1 comment:

Jody said...

Congratulations to D!!!!!

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive