All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Friday, March 04, 2005

Things I forgot to mention

On the way out of the doctor's office on Monday, I fell and skinned both knees, without damaging my pants. They hurt a surprising amount and for some reason, my children felt the need to run their hands over my knees every time they walked by that afternoon, despite repeatedly being told, "Please don't touch my knees!" "Sorry Mom!" Repeat 20 times and you have the rest of my day.

Tuesday I got stuck in the driveway when I returned from retrieving Spot, so I left the van there, blocking the driveway. We share the driveway with our tenants, who live in small guest house behind our house, but I thought they were gone. Later, as I was bathing A. (who hadn't had a bath in longer than I care to admit), they came down the driveway and were unable to get around me. J. came running in to tell me, but I had to finish the bath and dress the baby. Then I handed her to D. and went outside, where one of the tenants was shoveling with this large scoop shovel, and he had moved enough snow that I could now move my van. Luckily, they were not in a hurry to go anywhere.

My sweet MIL sent me an email on Monday offering to spend the night on Friday since D. would be out of town for a few days, which I was unaware of since he hadn't informed me of his upcoming business trip. When confronted with the fact that I would prefer to be the first to know and that I would appreciate more than 3 days advance notice, he got mad at me for giving him a hard time. He said, "You don't have to take it out on me because you're in a bad mood." I said, "I'm not in a bad mood." He said, "Well, I am." I love him dearly, but accepting criticism is not his strongest area.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive