All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valentine's Day Visitor

We had an unwelcome guest this Valentine's Day--the stomach flu! D., L., and I were all stricken. Needless to say, it wasn't very romantic. Daryl worked hard taking care of the troops, and I rested in bed. It was the only true "sick day" I can remember having in my 16 years of parenthood. Usually Daryl is at work, or out of town, or sick himself, and I don't have the luxury of laying around and not having to take care of anyone. I did nurse M. and put him to bed, but that was it.

I did a Valentine's Day redo on Monday, featuring a nice family dinner of spareribs, roasted potatoes, and salad, with the traditional heart shaped butter cake frosted with whipped cream and decorated with fresh raspberries for dessert. See the archives if you want a photo!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive