All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Improving!

The title says it all. The new treatment seems to be working, although we won't be sure until I have tapered down to a lower dose of prednisone, but I feel the best that I have in 7 months. My range of motion has returned, along with my energy and stamina! I am exercising and doing PT again.

I started with weekly IV immunoglobulin treatments for a month, and then my rheumatolgoist reduced the frequency to once every 2 weeks. They do take 5-6 hours, which is inconvenient, but worth it. The "liquid gold", as I call it, seems to be helping. Hopefully I will be able to reduce the frequency to once a month, and maybe even discontinue it entirely.

Thanks for your prayers, and please keep praying that as I taper the prednisone (at a rate of 1 mg every 2 weeks) I don't experience a flareup of symptoms.

For the moment, life is great. I am enjoying life and my family again.

1 comment:

mamamuniz said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive