All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Baie St. Paul

Our final vacation destination was a little village in the Charlevoix region of Quebec called Baie St. Paul. It is on the St. Lawrence River/seaway, and is known as an artists haven. There were many galleries, in addition to shops and restaurants. We were north of Maine, USA and had traveled 1000 miles to get there. The reason I chose this place to vacation was that the region is boasts and amazing amount of unparalleled beauty and things to do.

The first day was overcast and cool, so we went whale watching. In the summer the whales come to the area where the St. Lawrence joins the Atlantic. We saw 2 humpback whales very close up, and 2 enormous Finn whales, as well as many porpoises and seals.

The next day we took a ferry to L'Isle Aux Coudres. We brought our bikes and rode the 23 kilometer road around the island.

One day we went to Quebec City and spent the day. We stopped on the way at the shrine of St. Anne de Beaupre, a Catholic Basilica. St. Anne de Beaupre is the mother of Mary, the mother of Jesus. She was infertile for many years, but never lost faith, and was blessed with her daughter Mary late in life. She is credited with many miracles.

Another day we spent sea kayaking and horseback riding. We did this in shifts, one group riding in the morning and another kayaking in the afternoon.

The last day we visited Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie, named after a series of valleys cut deep into a range of high mountains by the Riviere Malbaie. Steep slopes, beautiful natural surroundings, and the unusual course of Rivière Malbaie fill this park with dramatic scenery at every turn.

We had a great time, but vacationed ourselves into exhaustion. Although I wouldn't have wanted to miss anything we did, I was ready to go home 2-3 days before the vacation was over, and then I had to ride 1000 miles back home! I tried to convince Daryl to stop in Montreal at the airport and let me fly home with A., but he wouldn't go for it! Truly, though, we had a great time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive