All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Daryl!

The love of my life turned 43 yesterday. As is typical, there was a family Christmas gathering on his birthday. There was a birthday cake and the family all sang to him, but it wasn't really a birthday celebration. So I decided to have a special family dinner in his honor tonight. I made pasta with 2 sauces: tomato with olive and capers (jarred) and pesto (homemade). We had crusty bread dipped in olive oil, caesar salad, and his favorite apple pie. We sang again, too. The house started out an absolute wreck because Saturday was a family Christmas gathering also, so 2 days in a row we rushed to get ready and out the door, leaving a mess behind. We arrived home late last night, emptied the van of the mountain of gifts we'd collected, and deposited them in the family room. Everyone rushed off to work and school this morning, leaving me with the mess, but I was able to use the birthday celebration to motivate them to clean it up tonight.

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

You know that I think the dinner sounds great :o)

Of course they left you with the mess~that's seems to be my lot in life as well...where there is mess, there is mom.

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive