All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Seasonal Favorites

Wanted to share another couple of favorite recipes before fall officially draws to a close. I know it's another month until the equinox, yet as the first flakes fell today, winter seemed imminent.

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 cups canned pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
4 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda combined with 2 tsp. milk
1 11 oz. bag chocolate chips

Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes

These are a delicious, soft, moist cookie.

I use only half a bag of chocolate chips, and I think that's perfect, but the recipe calls for a whole bag.



APPLE BREAD

1 1/2 C vegetable oil
2 C brown sugar
3 eggs
3 C flour (I use a combination of white, whole wheat, wheat germ, ground flaxseed, and oat bran)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cardamom (optional if you don't have it)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. apple juice, cider, milk, or water
3 C chopped apples
1 C chopped nuts (I don't use the nuts)

Grease a 10 inch bundt pan or 2 9 inch round cake pans or a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes (depending on size of pan) until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

This is actually more of a cake or coffee cake than a bread. It is SO good, excellent for breakfast. It's one of my family's favorites.

1 comment:

Anne Coleman said...

Popped in to say "hi!" --you know I LOVE the recipes :o)

I've been searching for a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie that I LIKE and this one looks great-how very lucky that I actually have everything on hand.

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive