All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Friday, October 14, 2005

New Catholic

I took an online quiz, and below are the results. Interesting, and somewhat true. I am not young, nor am I considering a religious vocation. However, as someone who was away from her faith for many years and has fairly recently returned, I am "new" in my faith. I have noticed that my attitudes are different from many of my peers who were also "cradle Catholics." They are much more likely to criticize the Church or reject certain teachings that they don't agree with. When I chose to return to the Church, I chose to accept it as it is, and embrace the beliefs of the Church. I am also more excited to learn about my faith--I am discovering it anew.


You scored as New Catholic. The years following the Second Vatican Council was a time of collapse of the Catholic faith and its traditions. But you are a young person who has rediscovered this lost faith, probably due to the evangelization of Pope John Paul II. You are enthusiastic, refreshing, and somewhat traditional, and you may be considering a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. You reject relativism and the decline in society that you see among your peers. You are seen as being good for the Church.

A possible problem is that you may have a too narrow a view of orthodoxy, and anyway, you are still a youth and not yet mature in your faith.

New Catholic

50%

Liberal Catholic

41%

Radical Catholic

36%

Traditional Catholic

33%

Evangelical Catholic

33%

Neo-Conservative Catholic

29%

Lukewarm Catholic

14%

What is your style of American Catholicism?
created with QuizFarm.com

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm with you. I know many Catholics who are cafeteria Catholics. They pick and choose what they will follow. Thanks for the quiz, I'm going to take it. I think these are fun.

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive