All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Will this pool be ready to swim in by Memorial Day?


IMG_0407, originally uploaded by PaulaK.

That is the million dollar question. My pool boy (aka Daryl) assures me it will be. If it doesn't warm up significantly, I won't really care.

This is how it looked last weekend.

At the end of last summer, he drained more water than normal. When he opened it last weekend, the water level was very low, leading him to conclude that it was leaking. He spent some time calculating the evaporation rate in Michigan and comparing that with the number of inches of winter precipitation we had, and still concluded that it was leaking. After a conversation with a professional pool man, who told him what to do, he attempted to find the leak. When he couldn't find it, ever the optimist, he concluded that there really isn't one. Hmmm....

Next he proceeded to clean the leaves he left in there last fall and add some chemicals and some water. It is currently clear, but needs a lot of water and he says he is not ready to add it yet. Not sure what he is waiting for, since it will take more than a day to fill.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive