All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mother's Day 2005

Woke early after not sleeping well--stiff and sore joints. Kids made me breakfast: sausages and a bagel. Daryl went to see his mom and the kids folded ALL the laundry that I washed last week during the lice outbreak. I showered, had time to file my fingernails AND trim my toenails! Woohoo!

We went to mass, and Daryl met us there. K. was behaving very badly so Daryl took him home and put him in bed for a nap. When we returned, he went and picked up sandwich makings from Zingerman's. We had a most delicious lunch. I took a post lunch siesta.

Then everyone hung out and relaxed--I painted my toenails and read some of this month's book club selection, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss. This book is about punctuation, and believe it or not, is quite amusing.

The kids presented me with a variety of homemade gifts and potted flowers. I cleverly asked that they immediately dig holes and plant the flowers. I also received a bouquet of roses from the kids: 4 red for 4 girls and 3 white for 3 boys. Daryl had also brought me a bouquet.

After our large, late lunch, we weren't too hungry for dinner, so we visited Screams Ice Cream in Hell, Michigan for ice cream cones.

The rest of the evening was spent doing the usual Sunday night activities: baths, procrastinated homework, kitchen cleanup. All in all it was a very nice day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive