All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

18 years today! Our most romantic anniversary yet, being celebrated in the way only parents can, by taking a child to the ER. Once again, I got a phone call while on my way home from picking up a child, informing me of a problem. "Tessa has a HUGE splinter!" Her older brother then kindly carried her upstairs to watch TV while they awaited my arrival. The splinter was about 1.5 inches long and several millimeters wide. It was totally visible, under the skin several layers, but not too deep. I made 3 attempts with my flat tweezers, but it would not budge, although I had a good grip on the end of it. I called Daryl, and he came home, bringing a pair of forceps from the lab. Still, it wouldn't budge. He considered slitting the skin with his pocket knife (he harbors fantasies of being the OTHER kind of doctor--LOL) but decided he should leave that to the professionals.

J. just came down and informed me that she can't sleep because she doesn't feel good--her stomach hurts. The fun just never ends!

Sincerely, I am very glad to be travelling this road with this man, but I do wish the road had been a little smoother today.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive