All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Happy New Year!!

I'm not making any resolutions, except to continue to try and be the best person--mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend--that I can be.

New Year's Eve was very low key. Made everyone get up early and clean and take down the Christmas tree, refusing them breakfast until it was done. Then we went out to breakfast. Spent the rest of the day waiting for old, dear friends to arrive from Kansas City, enroute to Connecticut where they were moving to that weekend!, They finally showed up at 7pm. Then we had burgers for dinner, and just hung out and visited until midnight. I was ready to drop before the ball did! LOL They were exhausted too, so once we settled our total of 12 children in bed, we went right to sleep.

We had a great time the rest of the visit. Lots of good food, a long walk, some geocaching, lots of fireworks set off by the preteen and teen boys, and a fabulous dinner out--just adults and A! We asked D and A if they would be A's godparents, and they said yes, so will plan a baptism in Connecticut this summer when we vacation out east and visit them.

We were sad when they left Sunday afternoon after mass.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive