All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Summer is Over

Labor Day weekend was uneventful. We just hung around the house Sat., in the evening went to some friends' house to visit and swim. Their pool was blue! Ours is green. They have no children and spend a lot of time on gardening and home maintenance so everything always looks great. Sunday I felt very tired, and it was SO HOT! I HATE to be hot, and was pouting. I wanted to escape my life--messy house, husband involved in outdoor project so not helping me supervise kids, who were pretty unwilling to do any chores, and green pool. After K was in bed, we left the big kids in charge and went out to my favorite restaurant, the Common Grill, where we had calamari with citrus aioli, caesar salad, lobster ravioli in a saffron cream sauce, and warm chocolate croissant bread pudding. We shared everything and it was scrumptious. Monday we planned together a family "end of summer" party. We swam all day in the green pool, bbqed and ate lots of junk food, listened to music and had a family badminton tournament. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive