All of Us

All of Us
At I's wedding in July 2019. Back row from left: My oldest D (27) and his wife B (27), My 6th K (16), My 3rd L (23), My 5th T (19), and my 7th A (14). Front row from left: My 9th Z (11), My 10th M (9), Me!, My new son-in-law L (23), My 4th I (22), my love D, My 2nd J (25), and my 8th M (11).

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

First Day of School

School started yesterday--half day only. It was so exciting!! It's not that I wanted to get rid of my dear children--I love having them home, but I also love the first day of school, the newness and freshness of it. It is part of the yearly cycle, a season unto itself. I think I feel that way because I spent SO many years in school and D is now a professor, so that cycle remains an important part of our lives.

The kids enjoyed their first day also. My oldest is now in middle school--and I continue to not be ready for them to grow up.

It has been a busy week. Monday I finally got around to the task I've been avoiding all summer--sorting out clothes in kids' dressers and removing outgrown ones. Then I had to go to the store and buy more totes to store the outgrown ones in, along with groceries and a number of school supplies that we didn't know we needed when we did our school shopping a month ago. $300 later I emerged, hot, tired and having to go to the bathroom. This was a trip to my least favorite store, Meijer, where they had a LARGE sign out front advertising "New curbside service--just ask!" So ask I did, only to be greeted with an eye roll from the cashier, who said, "I'll check--I don't know if there's anyone here to do that." If a largely pregnant woman pushing a cart with 2 kids and merchandise mounded up high on top doesn't need curbside service, then who does? Luckily for me, the 3 giant totes I bought wouldn't fit on the cart in any way, and I couldn't carry them, so a customer service person HAD to carry them out to the car for me, and then she did help me unload the rest of the bags into the car. Not curbside, but acceptable.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
SE Michigan, United States
Mother to 10 fabulous kids, ages 9 to 27 years! Mother-in-law to 2 more awesome young adults! Married for 32 years to my best friend.

Followers

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive